Monday, March 9, 2009

Oh to be domestic :)



















So, for my bridal shower my Mom gave me a Pampered Chef cook book. I don't cook much if you know me at all...


Anyway, I looked through it and had Jerry look through and pick 3 things to make this coming week. The finalists were:

-Margherita pita pizza

-Some turkey spinach salad and smashed potato soup and

-Lemon bars

We made the pizza last night but instead of using pita rounds we used flat bread. It was so yummy. We used bell peppers, Roma tomatoes, ham and mozzarella cheese. They turned out really good, as you can see from the photos. We will be making this again :)

Now to the salad, soup and lemon bars made this evening....The soup came out pretty good, the salad was OK and the lemon bars were a disaster. I got the ingredients right, I think, but for some reason they came out ALL wrong. I am no baker unless it is pre-made and this just proved that right. I will try again sometime soon. I'm just bummed they didn't look like the picture. I did try them and believe it or not, they taste good but just aren't in the form they should be... :(

On to something else next week...I think I will tackle the Grilled Halibut with Mango Salsa and the brownies with frosting!!


~~I had made some cookies last Friday with Cristal and put them in my cute pastry display/cake display that was a gift also. I love this thing, it makes me want to bake :)


Jerry also decided to make home made lemonade last night. It was so cute to see him get excited to make it. It turned out really good too. The pitcher is also a bridal shower gift!!


I got all kinds of fun kitchen stuff, just have to learn to use it all~~
























2 comments:

Trashy Decor said...

Please stop making me hungry! Everything looks delicious! Mmmmmmmm!
I love to cook nowadays too...

Fisk Family said...

Aren't you so domestic. Glad your making dinner and not eating out. The pizza looks yummy :-)