Tuesday, March 17, 2009

here's a story for you....

We received my wedding band last week via the mail, I opened it and thought is was gorgeous. I put it on and took a picture for Jerry to see since he was in Vegas. The picture sucked, but I assured him that it was pretty and that I loved it. Well, he got home on Sunday and I showed it to him...I put it on again so he could see it with my my engagement ring. As I looked closer I noticed that the band and engagement ring had different size side stones. I thought to myself, why would they be different sizes if it is the matching band...?? Jerry and I looked at each other and both had the same thought; one of the rings is wrong! Jerry went and got the ring information for my engagement ring and it said it was the one that he had ordered, the same goes for the band he bought. Now I don't know much about diamonds and rings and such, but when you order the matching band it should match, right? It seems to me that the wedding band is the correct one but the ring that I have been wearing for 8 months is not what he ordered.....This irked me a little. If Jerry didn't get what he thought he ordered that's crap! Jerry called yesterday and they said to send both rings overnight to their quality assurance department and that they would get it looked at and determine what happened. I KNOW what happened, they sent us the wrong engagement ring ( smaller side stones) and the right band. I will fight them if they say otherwise. So, Jerry came to my work yesterday and stole my ring from me so he could overnight it to the company. :( I feel so naked without it and am anxious to see what they say about it. I hope to have my ring back by weeks end and who knows, I may have a brand new bigger ring when this is all over. Either way, I love my ring and paired with my band it will be exactly what I want :) I'm a happy girl!!!
Stay tuned for the outcome...
***As my mom said when I told her; well at least you have another wedding story to tell. Ahh the joys of being a consumer ;)

No comments: