Sunday, December 14, 2008

Crazy week comes to an end!

This past week has been nothing short of exhausting and exciting, all at the same time...

~Last Saturday (the 6th) started off great with me heading to a girlfriends baby shower at around 12:30pm. While on my way there I received a phone call from my boss. Not a phone call that I normally would get on the weekend. She was calling with some unfortunate news. Our co-worker who had been fighting Leukemia for over 8 months had lost her battle and passed away. I was heart broken and shocked all in the same moment. I instantly broke into tears and couldn't stop thinking about what her family must be going through, especially during this Holiday season. Christmas was my co-workers favorite time of year making her passing much harder on those left behind. In all, she will be missed dearly and is remembered for being a cheerful and genuine person.

~On Sunday we had a happy occasion, our engagement photo session! We had such a great time with our photographer and are very pleased with the results. There were so many great photos and we couldn't be happier :)

~Tuesday was my first flower appointment. Melinda came with me which was very helpful. I received a quote from the florist but am still going to get one more. Flowers are not cheap!

~Jerry has been working very hard these past few weeks due to rates being really low and he has been working 12-13 hour days. It finally caught up with him on Thursday and he ended up leaving work early. Although it was nice having him home early, he sure was exhausted and needing to rest. He is such a hard worker and I am so proud of his dedication.

~Yesterday was a fun day as well. We met with our Pastor again to give her our ceremony information. So that was fun. Then after that we had a nice lunch in Scottsdale after visiting Ikea. The fun house for home stuff. We had fun there too. Once we finished lunch, we headed to FireSky for cake tasting. We picked our cake out for the wedding which took another load off of what I still have to do. Luckily, the cake lady was awesome and made it so easy...there may be a few surprises with regards to the cake too ;) In the evening we were heading to my work Christmas party but before we could leave we were surprised by a neighbor stopping by....long story short, we have a leak in our landscape drip system which has flooded my neighbors yard and has made our front yard a sink hole waiting to happen! Yes, I know, this sounds like fun ;) We got the water turned off which has been running for about a month. ooops! I expect that our front yard will be torn to pieces in the coming week to find the issue. That should be good fun!

~And finally, today, which has been relaxing and fun. I finally made it to the gym and Jerry was able to do NOTHING! We visited his family for a bit, grabbed a bite to eat and are now home spending time together! Oh yeah and our Christmas cards will finally be going out this week. I managed to get those done today too!

Here is a sneak peak at our engagement photos!

No comments: