Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween weekend!


Dad's pumpkin on the right!
Ok, so, I wish Halloween was like it used to be. Halloween is definately not my favorite Holiday and here's why...1) it is an excuse for people (mostly adults) to act dumb and dress trashy (not my idea of fun) and 2) it isn't the same these days for our kids who do go trick or treating and expect to see most houses willing to pass out candy and make an abundance of comments on their costumes. That is what it is about, right? Dressing up in fun, creative costumes so that you can go out and compare your costume to someone elses and get a little sugar in between. People have become cold and uninterested in interecting with their neighbors. Society has really "screwed up" in a sense, our kids aren't safe roaming the neighborhoods by themselves, or for that matter with their parents. Here is an example; on Friday we were at my Dad's ( yes I had a blast with my family) hanging outside watching all the kids when we see police lights at the end of the street. Just a normal traffic stop, I think not. The guy ended up being arrested while all these families are trick-or-treating. So Sad! When I was little, we would be out gathering candy for hours and hours with no worries at all. Oh how I miss those days and wish that when we take our kids out there that they won't have empty streets. Maybe when we do have kids I will feel different about the whole idea of dressing up and roaming the city but until then, I'll pass.

We did carve a pumpkin this year as we do every year! Those are always fun to do :)

No comments: