Friday, October 24, 2008

We made it home!!

Twin Falls
7 pools, Hana
Jerry, me, Clarissa, Mark
Sunset

Me at the beach
Jerry and I at the Lu'au



We are finally home in Phoenix but I have to say the trip home was quite an experience. The flight from Kahului, HI started off well but about half way through it there was a medical emergency with one of the other passengers. At first we thought we would have to turn around but fortunately the gentlemen came to and seemed OK to make it LA. Once we landed in LA, the paramedics had to come aboard to assist him before we could get off. Not only were we exhausted from not sleeping but also sick of being cramped in a plane for 5 hours! After we transferred terminals, which took forever, we were able to board our flight to Phoenix. This one was delayed a bit but luckily I fell asleep for a little while. We finally arrived here at about 9:30am, almost 12 hours of traveling and almost no sleep for 24 hours. We were incredibly happy to be safely home.

Once we arrived to our house, Jerry and I crashed for a few hours before going to pick up Charlie from my Dad's. It was good to see him after 10 days of being without him :( He seemed happy to see Jerry and I. Unfortunately, after we took Charlie home I had to go to the urgent care to assess my ankle situation. I had a cut on my heel from some shoes that I wore and somehow it got infected and made my ankle swell. I am guessing that swimming in the ocean is what caused the infection...1 shot in my rear and a bottle of antibiotics, I hope to be on the way to recovery even though it is still painful.

So in all, we are glad to be home and getting things back to normal. I have to start up with the wedding planning again as we are right about 6 months out! YAY!

No comments: