Wednesday, March 9, 2011

crafting junkie

So I've never been "creative" or "crafty" to say the least but once I found out that I was having a girl that all changed. A couple of my girlfriends showed me how to make bows and flowers for Aviana as I am sure you have seen in her pictures. It seems that whenever I dress her, her outfit is not complete without a cute head piece! Anyway, I recently taught myself how to make some flower rosettes for my hair. You can add them to just about anything and they are interchangeable too! I currently wear them with a headband but you can add them to a shirt, hat, purse, picture frame, throw pillow or anything that needs some updating or uniqueness. I plan to stitch some small, colored rosettes on plain onesies for Aviana to wear this summer since it will be so dang hot she will be living in those things! I'm so excited to start creating more pretties for her! As you can tell it's currently my obsession to "create" but I seem to only be able to do it when Aviana is sleeping or if Jerry is home to keep an eye on her. Here are a few pictures of the ones I have made so far...these pictures are less than great thanks to my cell phone but nonetheless you get the point.


A few of the first ones I made...



One for my friend...


For another friend...


This one is my favorite...
I will be making lots more this weekend and trying out different ways of making them unique! I have a few new ideas brewing....yay!

2 comments:

Sara Schumacher said...

Sooo cute!!! I wish I knew how to do that! How did you learn?

The Munguia's said...

Hi Sara! I actually taught myself. It is SO easy to do with left over fabric or ribbon. Go to the tip junkie website and search for headbands under the crafts section! It's addicting so I am pre warning you!