Thursday, January 27, 2011

Unconditional Love.

What does this mean...?


Very simply it means love without end even in the most scary and heart aching of situations. I was reminded of this last night through none other than a reality show. I was instantly grounded and found myself questioning the power of love. A young woman was newly engaged to her long time love and unexpectedly she was in a car accident that left her with a permanent brain injury and in a wheel chair. Her life was no longer her own and relies solely on caregivers to meet her every need, daily. No wedding had occurred prior to this accident but her fiance remained by her side and still is until this day. No one should be robbed of their life in such a traumatic way but God has a plan for everyone and there isn't one thing anyone can do to change His plan. Her fiance made a comment during this show stating "What kind of man would I be to leave after her accident?" I was taken back by this statement because I'm sure most people wouldn't know what to do after such an awful event. I am not sure what I would do to say the least but I do know that with unconditional love, all things are possible. Love takes on so many forms and is the very foundation that all good things come from. Does the fiance have to be with her romantically going forward? No, but because he "loves" her he is by her side and loving her the best way he knows how. What a beautiful person he is for loving her unconditionally. I am inspired to practice unconditional love as often as possible and not just with my loved ones but with anyone who may need a bit of uplifting in their lives. Love is powerful to say the least.

No comments: