Monday, January 31, 2011

My little challenge...

3.5 months 1/2/11

4 months 1/24/11


So Aviana has been a super easy and laid back baby which has made the transition into parenthood extremely effortless...but the tides are turning and I am not sure how I feel about it. I think she is starting to teethe and as a new Mom I am not sure what I am supposed to do. She has teether rings and toys but those don't seem to do much. I can't tell on her gums if she is getting tooth buds or not. The gums aren't white or aything so I am completely lost. She goes from being super happy to a tantrum within seconds....she is a drooly mess a lot of the time and fights to take naps. Are these signs of teething? If anyone has any advice I will be grateful for some input because I feel like I am not meeting her needs some of the time. I just wish she could talk and tell me what is going on. HA!

In other Aviana news...she is rolling over, trying to sit up, talks all the time, grabs anything she can and is getting better about napping in her crib! Jerry freaks when he gets her from her crib and she is on her belly...she is getting so big and much more entertaining to say the least. She is a little over 4 months and doing well with her growth. At her 4 month check up she was; 13lbs 11oz and 26 inches long (doc didn't believe it at first). She is right at 95% in height; she's gonna be a tall one!

We love watching her grow and change and can't believe we found out we were pregnant a year ago already. Time sure has flown by but we sure are blessed to have a beautiful baby girl to call our own. <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! We used to freeze Carter's binky. That would usually help short-term. They sell Orajel swabs for babies that work well but it was usually a challenge applying it. (They look like Q-tips with medicine in them). On really bad days I would just give in and give Carter a little tylenol and that always worked best of all. Try rubbing her gums. She will fight you while you are doing it but they'll feel better after. :) Hang in there.

-Erica